Micro addresses the key requirements for building cloud-native systems. It takes the microservice architecture pattern and transforms it into a set of tools which act as the building blocks for scalable platforms. Micro hides the complexity of distributed systems and provides well understood concepts to developers.
Start writing services using go-micro.
The main piece of software provided is Micro, a cloud-native toolkit.
The toolkit is composed of the following features:
api- API Gateway. A single HTTP entry point. Dynamic routing using service discovery.
web- Web Dashboard. Visualise, observe and explore.
cli- Command line interface. Describe, query and interact directly from the terminal.
bot- Slack and hipchat bot. The CLI via messaging.
new- New template generation for services.
Micro builds on go-micro, making it a pluggable toolkit.
- Look at examples of how to use micro on github.
- Search the explorer to find existing open source projects on github.
- Read the blog for a deeper look at micro and broader microservice ideas.
- Watch the video on Simplifying Microservices with Micro presented at Golang UK Conf 2016.
- View the slides for various presentations on speakerdeck.
See sponsors on the website
See the users list